Monday, November 25, 2013

Skydiving


I can’t even begin to describe how INCREDIBLE it was to skydive. A huge thank you to Shane for not only arranging for me to do the jump, but for agreeing to every upgrade to make sure it was the ultimate experience. I will never be able to explain how grateful I am for your support of my crazy bucket list dreams! Thank you for making it possible for me to dream with my eyes open and live life to the fullest!
We arrived at the skydive location early (as always), so I wasn’t surprised when I was assigned to Load 1. After signing my life away and watching a DVD, it was time to wait for my name to be called over the speaker. Shane was so sweet to upgrade the video package and upgrade to the higher altitude so my free fall would be 60 seconds long from 14,000 ft. instead of 30 seconds from 10,000 ft. I think it made all the difference, because from the time the plane took off ‘till my feet touched ground it was only about 15 minutes… and it goes by FAST, and by fast I mean 120 MPH!!

My tandem instructor was hilarious. His sarcastic demeanor made it impossible for me to be nervous. On the way up, I kept looking at his wrist to see the altitude and asking, “How much longer?”, “Are we there yet?” He went through some instructions and at the end of reciting them all, he said, “…and if you forget all of that just have fun!” J
I was the second jumper, and when I saw the girl jump ahead of me I realized that her instructor is the one who actually jumped. She was pretty much just strapped at his will. I asked JJ if I could be the one to count us off and make the leap, and he was cool enough to agree. He was very surprised that I wasn’t nervous at all, and he even asked “Do you even care about your life at all? You aren’t even nervous!” He said most people are at least a little nervous, especially on their first jump. Haha… not me!

I remember facing out of the plane and saying, “Ready, set… JUMP!!!!!!!!” In the DVD you can see me lunge down and leap as far out as I could! On the way down, I kept saying to myself to stop looking at Leslie (the one filming) so I could soak up the view, and I am so glad I did.
Once JJ pulled the parachute, we were both laughing hysterically and yelled, “It is so cold!” It was -10 degrees. I remember looking down and realizing just how far 2.7 miles is.

After I landed, I ran to Shane and gave him a huge hug! We watched other divers for about an hour while we waited on my DVD.  Here are some pictures…
My view just before the jump. 2.7 miles above ground!

Ready...

Set...

Jump!!!!














 
I had to put my hand over my mouth to breathe



"It's cold!"



 
Just before he opened the parachute

"Let's do it again!"


XoXo,
The Daredevil

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment