Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Clancy's Take Kansas

Shane and I had a wonderful time visiting my family in Kansas for Thanksgiving! If you have never been to Kansas, I am sure you are thinking this was a pretty lame trip... but Kansas City is actually a really cool place. The city is very clean, has lots of fun attractions, has zero traffic and best of all my adorable 19 month old niece lives there! 

We elected to drive so we could take the dogs and a chair that Munca (my grandmother) wanted to give to Makenzie. I was nervous about the drive because we would pass right through Ferguson just after a very controversial grand jury decision. Riots and protesters where looting and burning down businesses. We drove straight through without any signs of the aftermath... so I guess I was being dramatic after all :) 


We left around 3:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning, and we got to Lissa and Jason's house on Wednesday afternoon around 3:30. Jason was working from home when we got there. By the time we showered and unpacked, Lissa got home from work. I was SO excited to see her... I almost cried! It is hard living so far from my sisters! After a glass (or two) of celebratory wine, we all headed to Tina and Justin's house to hang out. We ordered pizza and sat around and laughed for hours. 


^^ Pour Rocko on the road trip. 


On Wednesday, Shane and I babysat Mak while everyone was at work. It was a lot of fun to play with her and spend time with her. She let me put pigtails in her hair.


She loved this matching game, and after playing it about 100 times she still wanted "more, more". 


We went for a walk to the corner of their street. It took a while for her little legs to walk that far. She stopped often to pick up leaves and a stick. Kids are so easily amused. When we got back to the house, she wanted to play with "bubas". Shane blew bubbles for her while I straightened up the house. 


After lunch, it was nap time. Shane and Jason went to the dog park with all four dogs while Mak and I passed out. She wouldn't let me put her in her crib, so she fell asleep like this. Once she was asleep, I laid her down and took a nap. I was exhausted!  


Shane colored with Mak. She liked coloring his beard. Haha! 


^^ As always, the dogs flock to Shane. 


Mak loved her chair from Munca. She doesn't like to sit in the chair, but she did love pushing it around the house like a stroller. Tina touched the chair while she was pushing it, and she freaked out! It was pretty amusing.


I read somewhere that 9 out of 10 girls get their awesomeness from their aunt... seems pretty accurate to me! 


I just love this picture of my sisters and I with Mak. 


On Thanksgiving Day, the boys cooked and we played with the baby. 


Justin snapped these pictures of Makenzie helping him. 


Some of her temper tantrums were pretty epic, but it was very entertaining. I mean seriously... look at this face! Her entire body tenses up and she screams so loud. 




Thanksgiving 2015


These boys love whiskey and bourbon. They got their fair share of taste testing in... that's for sure! Later that night, some friends came over and we played a board game. It was a lot of fun! 


Justin had to work on Friday, but the rest of us went out for BBQ. 


After lunch, Tina and I had sister time while Lissa and the baby took a nap and the boys went to another dog park. It was great to catch up with Tina :) 


That afternoon, we met my Aunt Alison at the airport. She was traveling back to Atlanta from Portland, and had a layover in KC. 


We all took turns trying to entertain Mak. She tried to help a stranger push their suitcase, and she snuck up to another stranger and yelled "Boo!"
Haha! It was really cute. 

After the airport, we headed to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and margaritas. 


^^ How cute is my husband? I just love his smile! 


Makenzie's chore is to feed the dog. 
It takes her forever to fill his bowl with food, but she likes doing it! 


She kept letting him lick this spoon. She would pretend to scoop something from the bowl in Tina's lap and then let Brody lick it. Then she tried to share with everyone. It was really sweet. 



^^ She was very tired at night, but did not want to miss any of the action. 



We were able to snap some really great pictures on Tina's camera before it was time to head home. 


We left around 5:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, and we were home by dinner. 

We were not able to listed to the UGA v. GT game, but we did get updates on our phone. What a great game... too bad the Dawgs lost :(  I bet Uncle Greg was cheering from Heaven! 
I thought about Greg a lot during the trip. The anniversary of his death is coming up, and I miss him very much. Last time I went to KC I rode with Uncle Greg, so the car ride was very nostalgic. 


Rocky sprawled out on the pillow and left Polly barely any room. Poor thing! 

Saturday night, I unpacked and then we relaxed. Sunday I clean up and went to the grocery store while Shane did laundry. Then I spent the afternoon at the spa. It was a wonderful way to ease back into the work week. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment