Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Facebook Official" Anniversary

Today is our 3 year dating anniversary. Really, it marks the day that Shane finally got enough courage to ask me to be his girlfriend. We dated for a few months, but made it “facebook official” on June 3, 2010.

On June 3, 2011, Shane told me to go to the first place we met. I drove from my apartment to Ramsey (the gym @ UGA) where he had 3 roses symbolizing past, present and future. He sang a song that he wrote and played guitar. At the end of the song, he got down on one knee and proposed to me! Later that day we went tubing in Helen.

On June 3, 2012, I came home from work and Shane had two roses in a vase symbolizing the two years we had been together. At this point, we were about 2 months away from our wedding date. On the stem of one of the roses, he placed a second wedding band. While we were looking for rings, I loved the way my wedding set looked with a diamond band on both sides of the engagement ring. I was completely shocked that he got the second band for me. He played a recording of him singing the song he wrote for me when he proposed, and we danced barefoot in the kitchen. How romantic is he?!

These are the dried roses. 3 from when he proposed and 2 from our second anniversary.

Today, Shane went to look at furniture for the new house while I stayed at home and worked. He came home with the beautiful roses for me. I am so incredibly lucky!



XoXo,
The Lovebirds



No comments:

Post a Comment