Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Look Back At 2015

In 2015, I only posted about half of the number of blogs as I have done in the past few years, so this recap was not as easy to create.

Here is my best attempt to recap 2015. I can't wait to see the good Lord has in store for us in 2016!




We rang in the New Year with neighbors. If you read my blog or stay in touch with us, you know that we have incredible neighbors that we are great friends with. We love doing things in the neighborhood because we have just as much fun (if not more) and don't have to worry about a taxi or the doggies. 


A family member lived with us at the beginning of the year, so we did some rearranging around the house and set up our home office. Now if we could just get all of our diplomas and certificates framed. Haha! 


We had a phone free (and thus picture free) weekend at the cabin for Valentine's Day which was such a blessing. We really needed that time together to reset. 

We celebrated Shane's 28th birthday at Local 3. 


Our Mimi tree kept growing :) 

   

We painted our master bedroom this gorgeous shade of blue/grey/green. 


And we painted our nails this fun shade of purple


We celebrated Mickie's 2nd birthday and Tina announced she was pregnant with Sadie Kay. 


Shane looked mighty handsome at his Savage Race! 


My sweet Ro graduated from preschool and started Kindergarten at "Mimi's school"


We had a blast at a local concert 


Shane made a lot of cool things for his Man Cave, including this light fixture for over the new pool table. 


We spent a lot of time with Rowan and Isaiah


We enjoyed the pool and sunshine 


I flew to KC to surprise Lissa for her Dirty Thirty (which wasn't dirty at all because she announced that she too was pregnant with Hadley Quinn) So exciting! 


Makenzie learned how to put on makeup... well sorta learned. Check out those eyebrows!


Shane wrote me a lot of sweet notes, sang a lot of love songs to me, danced with me in the kitchen, and took me on a lot of dates :) I love the way he loves me.


We met the newest addition to the Coursey family. 


I got a convertible :)



My girlfriends and I had a blast in Seaside and at all of Ashley's wedding festivities



I started a new job just a few miles from our house. I also earned my CAPM! 

My new work schedule enables me to go home for lunch almost every day, so the dogs and I enjoyed eating lunch outside a lot! 


Shane gave me this beautiful sign when we went to the cabin to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary! 



Shane built us a fire pit. 

He turned this... 


into this... 


He is so talented! 


We had a blast in Jamaica. 



You can watch our video montage from Jamaica here

My sweet Papa turned 85! 


I'm not sure how to explain this... but it happened. 


The dogs love each other more than ever. 


We enjoyed another Halloween at our neighbor's haunted porch. 



We went to a lot of weddings and showers :)


I fell in love with Sadie Kay!! 


We spent Thanksgiving just the two of us, and we spent Christmas Day helping my brother's family move into their beautiful new home. 

We visited Nana and brought her flowers. 



And we sent this Christmas card to our loved ones. 


Whoa --- what a year! We loved the best we could and learned some tough lessons along the way, but all in all 2015 was pretty great! 

Cheers to a New Year! 

May the best of 2015 be the worst of 2016! 

No comments:

Post a Comment