Friday, November 21, 2014

Two Year Wedding Anniversary

For our one year wedding anniversary, I arranged for Shane and I to go on a private plane ride above Athens (which is the college town where we met, fell in love and got engaged). I gave him a folded paper airplane to reveal the surprise to him, because paper is the gift for one year.

Cotton is the traditional wedding anniversary gift for two years, and I have wanted to get some updated pictures, so I arranged for us to have professional pictures in a cotton field. I am not sure if Eli Whitney or Mother Nature is to blame, but after driving 2 hours to a cotton field there was hardly any cotton. Haha... life goes on!

We found a patch that had some blooms and took pictures for as long as Shane and the dogs would cooperate.




^^ Grandma Clancy gave us this blanket at our wedding



It was fun to reminisce and look out our wedding album





^^ I brought my wedding bouquet











^^ Those are out toasting glasses from our wedding :)









I love the idea of taking picture of our hands every anniversary so we can compare how our hands change throughout the years. 



^^ 2 years 



^ 1 year 


This year, our anniversary fell on a Monday, so we celebrated some the weekend before and some the day of :)





We went to a great restaurant called Fish Thyme. It was delicious! 



On our anniversary, I left work to bring Shane lunch and Cami Cakes (his favorite cupcakes). 





No comments:

Post a Comment