Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Too busy to blog about our busy life!

Updating the blog has been on my never-ending list of things to do for over 2 months now. This is by far the busiest time of my life. I thought I was busy when I was cramming a double major into 4 years of college. I thought I was busy when I owned my own business and planned my dream wedding at the same time. I thought I was busy when I started my first legal marketing position and was moving to our current house. But mark my words... I was not busy.

I started a new job at the beginning of July. I plan and execute all marketing initiatives in the South East region of the largest labor and employment law firm in the nation. This regional position requires a great deal of travel, and I have been working some crazy hours. My career is a top priority in my life, so I do not mind the long hours (or frequent flyer miles) one bit, but when I get a few hours off I have no desire to open my laptop to write a blog.

Here is a recap of the past few months. I will post individual blogs about the significant events, but I think this is the best way for you to actually keep up with the Clancy's.


Rocky and Polly are still as cute as ever. Polly is 9, and Rocky is 7. Rocky limps after we take him on a run, but we think he is just being a baby. He loves attention... esspecially undivided attention.


Shane and Yon are still as crazy as ever. We often invite friends over for football and fun, and these boys sure know how to have fun!

Shane has been a trooper going to so many weddings this season. We are at the age that all of our friends seem to be getting married. He is a good sport if it doesn't interfere with football, he doesn't have to wear a tie and it definitely doesn't hurt if there is an open bar! Haha!

On the way home from Kayla and Andy's wedding, we stopped by a friends apartment in Atlanta and enjoyed a drink and this incredible view. Shane works in Midtown, and I work in Buckhead... but this view just doesn't look the same from the office. I prefer the skyline with a glass of wine in my hand.

Kayla was such a beautiful bride. She and Andy have been together since middle school! It was very hot outside at her beautiful outdoor wedding. I jokingly asked her how she could wait over a decade to get married, but she couldn't wait a few more months for the weather to cool off! Haha!


I took a business trip to Chicago recently, and I was so excited to be able to see my cousin! We met for dinner and then walked around a little bit!

This was the view from my hotel. Traveling is so interesting, and I am blessed to be able to see the world... but I will say it can get lonely working long hours in a starnge city and eating meals alone all the time.


The Bean.




I was also able to grab a bite to eat with Candace while I was in Chicago. This girl never fails to make me laugh! She is so a joy to be around!

Polly always makes this face when I lock her up or leave for a trip! It is pitiful.

My sister Tina sent me this adorable picture of Makenzie! I can't wait to see them in a few weeks!



Shane and I love sleeping in on the weekend. I was able to sneak this picture recently. He is so handsome!


My parents took us to a beautiful winery to celebrate Shane finishing the CPA and our 2 year wedding anniversary. We had a great time spending the day with them and toasting to this beautiful view.

Oh how I love these fur babies!


We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary on 9/29. A day at the spa and beautful roses... Shane definitely knows how to make me feel special!


Shane needed new boots for Brooks' wedding, so it worked out to get him a pair of nice boots and Bookers. 
We went to a really cool bar after eating dinner at Fish Thyme. The bar was called Juice.

Our anniversary fell on a Monday this year, so I surprised Shane at his work with lunch and Cami Cakes (his favorite cupcakes)! This man loves his sweets!

The night before Brooks' got married, I drove these crazy boys around so they could enjoy a funnight. I have no idea how they survived high school!

Brooks' & Christina's wedding :)


After work selfie... because we are cool.

Our sweet neighbor turned 10, and he invited Shane to his birthday party again. We love these boys so very much!

 Bryson loves having his picture taken!

 "Mr. Shane" went to cheer on Jackson. I told them to take a picture, and Bryson ran right up to Shane to join. They love Shane!
 Isaiah and Rowan came to our house for a slumber party. I love spending time with them and spoiling them! Good thing Ro is cute, because she wanted to play dress up in my shoes at 7:00 a.m.!
Headed back from the park.

My work had a costume party for Halloween! There was no way Rocky would have been able to go. He gets way too excited, but I was able to bring Polly. She did not love riding the elevator, and she definitely didn't love all of the strangers in costumes. I headed home around 1:00 because she was so scared. Poor baby!

This is just a random picture... but too cute not to share.


Hopefully I will find some time to do a few more posts sooner rather than later. I can't wait to blog about our trip to see Grandma Clancy and our anniversary pictures!

XoXo!

No comments:

Post a Comment