Saturday, August 17, 2019

Baby Day!

My sweet Gavin, 

We will be meeting you soon! I can’t wait to see you. I wonder if your eyes will be brown or blue! 

I’m a little anxious, but determined to stay strong and calm for you! I pray to fully trust the medical team and our Creator throughout this process of bringing you into the world! 

I know you’re going to continue to blow our minds in the best ways possible. You have already surpassed so many expectations. You are strong. You are healthy! You have a purpose in this world, and despite the odds against you, you are a FIGHTER!

I hope you come out 4 pounds, kicking and screaming, and healthy as can be! You are going to defy the reputation of being a “wimpy white boy” - I just know it!

I hope you eat like a champ and sleep like a champ and grow like a champ. That’s what you are, my love! My little champ forever, sweet boy! 

I pray that my body continues to provide exactly what you need, and I pray that you continue to be the strong and resilient boy that I know you are. We will all work together to get you ready to go home from the NICU! Your big brother Canaan is so excited about Baby Gavin and already says “imma get you”. We love you so much! 

Mission: Chunky Champ! 

(Written the morning of our c-section) 

No comments:

Post a Comment