Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekend Update

When Shane got home from work on Friday, we went to Home Depot together. He wanted to pick up a few things, and I just wanted to spend some time together :) On the way home, I suggested we get a movie and cuddle on the couch. Shane preferred to sit outside and enjoy the fire pit. I wasn't sold on the idea, but with everything going on with Nana and Uncle Greg, I would have done anything to spend time with Shane. We made some apple cider (he added a little holiday cheer to his) and we sat outside together with the dogs.

Later that evening, the sweet boy next door came over to bring me a gift from his mom. Cass and Bryan live right next door to us, and we adore their family. We offered that Jackson make a s'more, and he asked if he could go home and invite his family to make one, too.

We all made s'mores, and then the boys went inside to play video games. They love playing "Mr. Shane's" games.

The evening ended up being very relaxing, and Cass and Bryan were able to help take my mind off of everything. It was just what I needed.

Saturday we slept in and then headed south to visit Nana. She is in rehab now after a severe stroke. She is staying on the same hall that Shane was born! How ironic!

After visiting Nana and getting an update from the doctor, we went to Zaxby's and Starbucks to get breakfast/lunch for Kelly, Sean, Shawna and Matt. We all hung out for a few hours. I was able to try on my bridesmaid dress for Kelly and Sean's wedding. It is so pretty!

Saturday night, Shane and I went by Greg and Alison's house to visit. Updates on his condition can be found here. It is so devastating to witness him disappear. It is all very unbelievable and tragic.

On the way home, we stopped to get a movie and ice cream. Shane was so sweet to go inside because I was a wreck from crying so much :( We watched a really dumb movie and cuddled by the fire.

Sunday, we did some Christmas shopping and then did a few chores around the house before going to my parents for Christmas. We ordered pizza and spent time with my brother and his family. It was refreshing to see family outside of a hospital for a change.

Friday night

My neighbor, Angela, gave me this gorgeous mug and homemade cocoa. 

Look at that sweet smile. 

Daddy's cuddle buddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment