Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Daddy's Little Girl

In honor of Father's Day... I wanted to take the time to give my Daddy some much deserved love. He is an AMAZING person, and I am so blessed to have such a dedicated and loyal man to call my father! He has always put others before himself, and I am in awe of his heart and compassion.

One of my favorite memories with him is when I told him I was accepted to UGA. He is a die hard Tech fan, and had just returned from a mission trip in Honduras. His reaction was priceless. I gave him a picture of me in a UGA frame, and he said "I leave the country for one week and this is what happens?!".

Another priceless conversation with my dad is when I was about 17 years old. I called him on the way home from buying my very first car. I saved up all of my money from working at Circuit City, and bought a Camry. Unfortunately, I got in an accident on the way home :( The first thing I did was call my Dad... go figure! I cried out, "Dad!! I got in an accident!!" At first he thought it was a joke (after all, I only had the car for 30 minutes). Once he realized I was being serious he assured me everything would be fine. He said "Your mom is there with you, and you aren't hurt so everything will be fine." I quickly responded, "But Dad... I rear-ended MOM!!" Bless his heart.. he was shocked at this stroke of bad luck, but he was just as sweet and understanding as ever.

When I was 13 he took me on my first date to The Spaghetti Factory. It was a tradition in my family, and I think it is just about the sweetest thing ever. He taught me how a man should treat a woman, and gave me some advice that still rings true.

On my wedding day, he made me his world-famous oatmeal. Below are some pictures of his first look at me as a bride. He had never seen my wedding dress and knew nothing about my hair or veil. The reveal was a complete surprise. His reaction touched my heart, and I will never forget the sweet look on his face when he saw me for the first time.
One last kiss before he gave his baby girl away.

He always knows just how to make me smile.

Sweet Daddy Rabbit!
This is him putting on my "something old". It was a cross necklace he gave me when I was confirmed that holds one of his mother's diamonds inside.

My sisters held my train and presented me to him.

This was his first reaction when he turned the corner.

He wiped a few sweet tears with a hankie that I gave him. I had it embroidered to say
"Daddy, You will always be the first man I loved"

This was our father daughter dance.
 
I LOVE YOU, DADDY!!
XoXo,
Your little girl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment