Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Catch Up Post

Hello All! :) 

Once again, I have failed at keeping up with the blog, but here is my valiant attempt to catch everyone up to speed. 

This summer was a bit crazy, but I was so thankful for a trip to the beach with the best friends in the world. 





Shane and I celebrate our 5 year dating anniversary at the beginning of July. I love that our anniversary is over a holiday weekend because we always have time to celebrate!

I can't believe we will be celebrating 3 years of marriage at the end of this month! Where has the time gone? We are loving our time together as a couple before we have kiddos. 



^^^ These dogs are so adorable! 


I love when Shane writes me sweet notes on the mirror. 


Typical Rock-O! His drool is all over our house. Our poor housekeeper :( 


We were so thrilled to meet Gatlin and spend time with Russell and his family. Shane looks like a natural holding 3 babies! 

Both of my sisters are pregnant right now, and we are loving being Aunt C and Uncle Shane. We spend out free time sleeping, traveling and going on weekly dates! I know when we do have kids we will be so thankful for this time together. It is so fun to be married to your best friend! 


Shane and I both traded in our Prius for a new car. I got a convertible and he got a truck :) I have always wanted a convertible, so I have really enjoyed it!



I love spending summer days by the pool, and I really love when Shane joins me! He normally prefers to work on a project or do something productive, but sometimes I can convince him to chill poolside! 


There are hundred of pictures of our dogs on my phone... I think I am obsessed! 


They love when we lay on the floor with them. They would cuddle all day! 


We took the to Lake Acworth recently. It is just 10 minutes from our house, and they got to ride in the back of the truck! 




When we brought them home, we bathed them and brushed Polly. Our yard was covered in her hair! 


My sweet Rowan started Kindergarten (and you better believe I cried)

We went to my parents the day before the kids went back to school. I gave them each a present and ice cream money. When I asked Rowan what she was most excited about in regards to starting "Mimi's school" I thought she would say something about her friends or recess, but this prissy little thing said she was most excited that her hair was straight for school. Sabrina spent a few hours straightening it for her, and when we walked past the pool that evening she said "No one get my hair wet!" Haha! 



^^ Our sweet Paw Paw


Shane and I are normally worn out by Friday evenings (which is why we do our weekly date night on Monday nights), but one Friday night we were having a drink on the back porch and he wanted to go up to the pool. We were the only ones up there, and we had so much fun hanging out and listening to music! We ended up going to a neighbors that night and spending time with our friends which was a fun way to start off the weekend. 


Our Saturdays are normally pretty lazy in the morning. I let Rock sneak on the sofa if Shane is still sleeping. He can hear when Shane is coming downstairs, and his eyes get so wide and he gets a nervous/frantic look on his face. Haha! 


We went to Ashley and Seth's wedding shower recently and had so much fun. Our sweet neighbors took care of the dogs so we could spend the night at the party. (We literally have the best neighbors in the world! We have 10-12 couples that we just adore!) 



I am so thankful for these friends of mine! 




I am stoked that Candace has moved back from Chicago! Our group is now complete again! 


We celebrated baby Claire's first birthday. Shane and I gave her a bottle of wine to be opened for a toast on her wedding day. Jennifer cried when she read the card. It was so sweet to spend time with her family. :) Jennifer was my first boss, and has mentored me both personally and professionally since day one! Oh how I love my Jennifer! 


Our housekeeper came this weekend, and we wanted to get out of the house so we weren't in her way. We ran errands and went shopping, and then we went to see Jurassic World in 3D. It was so cool! I really enjoyed it! 


That evening we played with Jackson and Bryson, and they enjoyed taking a ride in the convertible :) 




Bryson lost his first tooth! 

Our fall is filling up fast with weddings, showers, a trip to the mountains and to Jamaica... the calendar is filled with lots of exciting things! So much to be thankful for! 

Until next time... 

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment