Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow/Sick Day

Last Tuesday the "snowpocalypse" occurred here in ATL. For me, it came at a perfect time because I was sick with a terrible cold, but I am saving up my PTO for Kelly and Sean's wedding this summer. I was so glad to be able to leave early and get some rest. 

My office let out at noon, and I left as fast as possible. I called Shane to let him know that the roads were already bad, and I encouraged him to leave sooner rather than later. In hindsight, we realize that every minute made a huge impact on traffic. It took me 3 hours to get home (12 miles), and I even stopped by Publix to rent a movie and get some necessities. It took Shane over six hours!! Some people slept at work, walked miles to stay with someone nearby, and some kids even had to stay at school :) 


Shane shoveled the driveway and helped a neighbor do her driveway since her husband was out of town. Besides that, we took full advantage of the time off and relaxed as much as possible. Shane worked a bit, and I was so grateful that we got home safely. 

The dogs loved the snow

Especially Polly!




No comments:

Post a Comment