Friday, July 13, 2018

Canaan: Ten Months



What a dream come true this happy boy is! At ten months old, this stage is not calm and cuddly one bit. Canaan is exploring throughout the house, and we love watching him learn and grow. He rarely crawls anywhere anymore -- he would rather be cruising or pushing his walker or the end table (or anything he can push) to roam around the house. He waddles around flat footed as long as he is holding on to something. I swear once he finds his balance he will be running! He prefers playing with anything besides toys such as the dishwasher, toilet paper, the dog bowls, the Tupperware cabinet and the doggie door. 

He has a HUGE appetite, but lately we have been working on manners. He likes to throw his food to share with the dogs, so he is learning "no" and "eat". We let him try everything we eat. We gave him his first formula bottle a few nights ago. Supplementing one feeding with formula has allowed me to pump that session to keep my supply and build up a stash in the freezer. My milk supply was really compromised when I got a terrible stomach bug and couldn't eat or drink anything for 36 hours, so I've been working to build it back up in hopes of nursing him for a full year. 

Canaan definitely knows who Dada is, and he loves waiting for him to get home from work in the front yard. When he sees his car, he says "ooo! ooo!" and points and waves. When I say, "Where's Mama?" he looks around as if I am not right in front of him, but when I say "Milk" he looks right at me. Haha! He make the "ba" sound when he sees a ball or book, and he says "dig" when pointing at the dogs. 

Canaan loves to be around people. Running errands and getting attention from strangers brings him so much joy. He also loves bath time and story time. He is not a fan of diaper changes or getting dressed or anything that requires him to be still for a few seconds. Ha! His smile is contagious, and his two bottom teeth are almost as cute as his little dimple and chubby cheeks. Three top teeth are on the verge of breaking through his pitiful little swollen gums -- poor baby! 

Shane and I are both just so. in. love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment