Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Canaan: Five Months

At 5 months old, we are squeezing our big boy into 6-9 month clothes. Cue the tears! 
I recently went to a consignment sale and bought 12 month clothes! On the same day, I packed away the tiny baby bottles, and he started walking backwards in his walker. 
We also fed him rice cereal which was his first meal that I didn't make. 
Well technically it was mixed with my milk, but still...you know what I mean. 
I may or may not have cried at dinner that night. Shane is always so excited about his new milestones, and I lean more on the side of nostalgia. 
Canaan rolled over from belly to back several times on his own, and I told Shane I am ready for baby # 2 now! GIVE ME ALL THE BABIES! Why did I wait so long to be a mom? 
It is the best thing everrr! 

Look at that belly!!



I love this picture. He looks so sweet and compliant posing for the camera. 

I took his helmet off for just a few pictures, and man does he look like his Daddy! 

Ok... so that whole compliant thing didn't last long. Silly boy! He is definitely becoming more expressive and realizing he has his own opinions these days. 


I can't help but post a comparison photo. This 5 month baby sprawled out on the rug was so itty bitty during his 1 month photo shoot. When he was born, his thighs were literally the size of Shane's thumb! All that good mama milk has made him nice and plump! 




I still can't believe he got my blue eyes! EVERYTHING else is identical to Shane, but it looks like the blue eyes are here to stay! 

1 comment:

  1. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me.
    5 months baby

    ReplyDelete