Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The latest (but not so greatest) update.

I know I haven't posted in quiet some time, but to be honest I knew that between a full time job and living in chronic pain that I would have very little time to blog -- especially about a disease I am still avidly researching myself! Anywho -- I have had several people reach out and ask for an update, so I figured a short post would be the easiest way to get all of my prayer warriors and support system on the same page.

I reacted well to my first round of treatment which was 21 days of oral doxycyclin. It has been just over 2 months since I finished that round and some of my symptoms have resurfaced. This was to be expected given the fact that I was likely infected for over 2 years before ever receiving a diagnosis or treatment -- but it is still very disheartening! Some symptoms are more manageable than others, and my new clean diet seems to really be making a difference in both severity and frequency of discomfort. Once I receive the results from my lumbar puncture that is scheduled later this week, then I will know my options for treatment moving forward. Meanwhile, I take it day by day -- or hour by hour -- and just "keep on keepin' on". (That's what my sweet Papa told me to do!)

Shane is still recovering from rotator cuff surgery, so we are both doing our best to take care of each other. As you can imagine, this storm isn't pretty. It is scary and painful and concerning -- but as Shane and I learn to dance in the rain I am so thankful for all of the love and support we have received. You wouldn't believe the number of people that went above and beyond to send us cards and care packages and meals or the people that have come to visit and help with chores and errands. We are so humbled and gracious!

No comments:

Post a Comment