Friday, April 26, 2019

Baby #2 - First Ultrasound Images & Gender Reveal

This season of life is so full of love, and I can't believe we are blessed with another baby on the way! A BOY! 

We had a big scare in the beginning, but with God's grace everything seems to be going well now!  We had so many ultrasounds in the beginning because I was bleeding, so we actually saw "it" about 10 days before this tiny little blob and there was nothing but a "yolk sack" --- no "fetal pole" is what they told us ... as if no baby had formed! Our next doctor's visit we saw these images and it was so crazy to witness "it" there in place of the void we had previously seen. 

Here are the first pictures of our second sweet little boy!






To be honest, now that the first trimester nausea and aversion to smells is behind me I forget that I am even pregnant. I am going on 19 weeks... or is it 18? Oh how the second time around is so different. With Canaan, I was always reading forums and blogs and books about pregnancy and infant care, and now I am too occupied trying to keep up with Canaan to even think twice about another! 

We had a super special gender reveal party when we were expecting Canaan, but this time around we decided we wanted to find out just the two of us, and man was it special! Both ways are incredible for different reasons, but finding out hand-in-hand, just the two three of us was something I will always remember. I was hoping for another little man, and I will never forget the woman's country accent saying, "I think I see a little something there". 



Big Brother shirt!

The first trimester looked a lot like this -- I was miserable!





Blue silly string! 



Here are more images of Baby Boy from our ultrasound visit on 3/30/19. 
I was about 14.5 weeks along. 


















1 comment: