Thursday, August 9, 2018

Random Favorites (July 2018)

It has been a wonderful first summer with Canaan Man! We love playing with him outside. At this stage, we mainly spend time outside convincing him to not touch doggie doo doo or to refrain from eating rocks or grass. 

Here are some of the special July memories we captured along the way...

We celebrated my best friend's son turning one! We love sweet Lee! 

Canaan loves the dishwasher -- opening it, closing it, climbing in it, seeing his reflection in it. He loves everything about the dishwasher. 

I didn't capture a family photo on the Fourth of July, but we enjoyed a fun event at the neighborhood pool, and that night we watched our neighbor shoot off fireworks from the comfort of our driveway which was super convenient! Canaan slept right through all of the fireworks! 

Canaan and I spent way too long waiting for an oil change one afternoon. Canaan flirted with one woman in particular in the waiting area! He loves interacting with people, but this woman really caught his eye and helped keep him entertained while we waited! 

I love this picture because we actually, kinda, maybe a little bit look alike! At least our eye color is the same. Love my sweet blue-eyed boy! 

Tongues! 

This boy loves to eat, and he definitely loves Spaghetti Sundays! 

Open mouth kisses are the best! 


Ooo!


The spoon! And the rolls! 


I enjoy taking Canaan to the pool between his naps, and sometimes we get lucky enough for him to snooze in his car seat in the shade during his afternoon nap so we can have a break poolside! 

The spoon. 


The spoon, and more spoons! 

Those two teeth are the only ones that decorate his big smile, but his top left tooth just broke through this week! 


Oh, the doggie door., how he loves the doggie door! 


The spoon. 


Like I said... the spoon. 


I actually captured a picture of our first children... the dogs! Rocky hasn't been doing so well lately. He sleeps constantly, his appetite fluctuates so much and he gets sick more often than I would like to admit, but we just love him so dearly! Polly is hanging tough in her old age, and Ramsey is well-trained but just as hyper and crazy as ever! 


Canaan loves books and insists on you reading to him. He makes the "b" sound and points to his books and won't sit still until you begin reading. He loves to help turn the pages, too! He has a favorite book called Train, and he is obsessed with it. You can quote any portion of the book, and he will say "ooo" and eagerly search for his book. One afternoon, we were playing with over a dozen board books on the floor, and he was always aware of where Train was. If I hid it behind my back, he searched through all the books looking for it and was not content until it magically reappeared. We were very impressed with his ability to recognize it. 

Spoon. 

Spoon. 

My Godparents came to visit Shane, and they gave us a very generous donation to his 529 College Fund. We are so thankful! Saving for his future has been a priority for us from day one, and I know Canaan will be grateful! 

Look closely... Spoon. 

He liked walking under his highchair. 

My mom came to visit to give us a break. We were looking forward to a date night, but of course something always comes up. I was sick, so we went to the Minute Clinic and grabbed pizza on the way home. I thought it was so sweet that Shane snuck a peek at the baby monitor to check on Canaan. He loves his baby boy! 

I practice "mama" with Canaan, but he does not make an "m" sounds. 
When I say "mama", he repeats "dada".

Big boy! 


Canaan is almost always in a good mood, but when he isn't he is VERY upset. Teething was rough for us this past month, and whenever he is on the verge of a big developmental milestone (like walking) he gets frustrated. He also HATES getting his diaper changes or clothes changes because he doesn't like to lay still, and lately he has not enjoyed bath time so we just suds him up in the shower with us! 

Canaan plays peek-a-boo like this when we feed him. Such a sweet little expression. 

And you guessed it... Spoon. And a book. And Dada! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful I found your story. I have had Lyme disease for 10 years, and I just found out I'm pregnant, I've been terrified and crying non-stop for the past week. Your blog has given me hope.

    ReplyDelete