Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Polar Bear Run

In my 2013 Recap I said, "My resolution is to be healthier. I take advantage of the fact that I can eat anything and never work out, but I am not in healthy shape... at all! I want to concentrate on eating better, exercising, and stretching more." The catch is, I don't want to lose any weight because all of my business professional work clothes fit me just as I am. 

I have been better with my portions. For example, I am not eating an entire box of gushers or two bowls of ice cream. Instead, I am eating just a pack (or 2) of gushers and a few scoops of ice cream. I am also eating more fruits and vegetables. 

On Saturday, I ran my first 5k since highschool. When I ran cross country, I averaged in the high teens/lower twenties. That is certainly no longer the case, but I didn't expect it to be since I haven't worked out in years. 

My time was 30:18, and I had a lot of fun. A group of my co-workers and I got together to run the race, and we plan to do another one soon. I was VERY sore the days following the race, but I plan to do some yoga to help with my stretching.

I have also been walking the stairs at my work. I walk up and down the 18 flights of stairs a few times a week. More than anything, it is nice to step away from my desk for a few minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment